- Owners Chris and Carolyn Andrews, together with their experienced staff, care for your deceased loved ones with dignity, kindness and professionalism. Your family are treated with warmth and friendliness and empathy.
- We remain independent, locally owned and operated. However we also maintain close ties with our National Association (FDANZ), giving you assurance of professional, ethical and quality care.
- We are committed to offering the best possible service and assistance to our local community and have done since 1909.
- Jones and Company have three premises and facilities located in Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Te Puke.
- We offer 10% discount off our Professional Services Fee for Gold Card holders *conditions apply, and Fixed Price Packages tailored to fit your budget.
In 1909 Mr Hugh Jones opened a furniture business on The Strand. Furniture and casket manufacture were then closely associated and Mr Jones eventually added the role of funeral director to his duties. In 1910 the company moved to Harington Street, trading as the Tauranga Furnishing and Manufacturing Company. In 1913, Jones & Company added premises on Devonport Road, where the Goddard’s Centre is now located.
In 1938, Jones & Company opened a distinctive Spanish styled chapel on Grey Street, from where the firm operated until opening their Hillsdene Chapel in 1980 in Thirteenth Avenue. The Grey Street building still stands today as an iconic reminder of Tauranga’s early days.
David McMahon owned Jones & Company for twenty years, before sharing a 14 year partnership with Chris Andrews. Chris and Carolyn Andrews then purchased the Company on David’s retirement in 2014.
In 2019 Chris Andrews and Paul Gilmore purchased sister firm, Broadway Funeral Services in Matamata – with a view to strengthen links with our Waikato families.
With over 100 years of service to our local community, Jones & Company is the oldest funeral company in the region and continues to remain locally owned and operated and committed to serving our community.